Monday, October 5, 2009

Made for running...

I like to think that Mike and I are a pretty active couple....he really enjoys basketball, and sports that involve camaraderie...I grew up with a love for soccer and anything involving some type of competition...as soccer began playing a different role in my life, a less active one, running more or less took the driver's seat...I was and have never been good at it, but I have been familiar with it as running to keep in shape for soccer was the norm...


(those are Mike shoes FYI, my feet are big but not that big)


When we were first married, Mike made a few runs with me, that soon ended, it was hard on his knees and he doesn't find it as relaxing as I do I guess, he'd rather have a basketball and hoops involved...I always still asked if he wanted to go with me. Since I have been working at my new job it has been hard to set a schedule for my runs like I have in the past...Mike has been doing a conditioning program on his own... today I was asked to go running by Mike...I never thought the day would come ...but it did and i enjoyed every moment.

1 comment:

  1. I applaud you both!!! My best friend and I used to run in high school and I actually enjoyed it back then. Now when I try to run, things jiggle that I don't want jiggling and I'm sure no one else wants to see that either. I guess I'll have to stick with Pilates - and riding my new bike!!!

    ReplyDelete