Friday, September 25, 2009

Not Enough Hours In The Day...

Today was one of my favorite kind of days...the ones where Mike and I both have it off together... we started it off by going to the LA Temple...

I have been there as a youth...but never inside the main building while I lived in the Valley...the first time was earlier this year when Mike and I moved back to Cali... besides me loving the time Mike and I spend together at the temple, the next thing I love most is the location of the temple...
Now when I say I love the location I don't mean how far away or how long it takes to get there as a result of the crazy traffic....but I do love they way the temple looks like from the freeway, it just looks like a safe haven from everything that is going on around it...

Mike and I talked about it today, we really miss how close the temple was when we lived in Saint George...anyways spending time at the temple was wonderful...

Our next stop was to my brother Kyle's football game... it was his first home game and the whole family went out...
Kyle let me wear his jersey so I was very school spirited...my friend from junior high and high school, Sam Stone, and her boyfriend Ari, came and watched for a bit. It was really good to see Sam... she has been out of the country for school for awhile...and this was her boyfriends first football game, but not his first futbol game :-)...

Kyle's high school did not win unfortunately...but I do want to say how impressed with Kyle I was ...obviously I am biased but, he has come a long way from JV, and being the smallest guy on the field who didn't play too much...no longer is he the small little brother that Alexa and I use to torture (it was out of sisterly love) now he is the varsity senior who plays offense and defense like all the time and I am really proud of him for sticking with it and not giving up...I can happily and proudly say that he is stronger than his two older sisters now....
This is the best picture I could get of him (#22) and put on my blog, some of the others are too hard to follow when he was on the field playing...I like the one below, he was yelling and pumping his team up....


At half time everyone got a laugh...a rambunctious teenager decided to put on a show, he painted himself green from head to toe and with black and gold underwear ran across the football field and then hopped the fence not to be seen...it was pretty funny...

The game was fun...but the metal bleachers were killer on our tushes...after the game we went by a restaurant and grabbed some grub...mike was exhausted and stuffed...

This was a long day but again a great one....not enough hours in the day...

And for all of those who will be watching football tomorrow, and those who won't as well...GO TROJANS...and MR. Barkley we are excited to be having you play quarterback tomorrow!

1 comment:

  1. I hate stadium Seats. All the new stadiums that are being built should come with padded seats and a padded back support. Glad you had fun though.

    ReplyDelete