Sunday, May 1, 2011

finally done...

So I have a problem...well mike does as well....but it is my fault...I have an issue with projects for the house...and mike is extremely handy...so he is doing a lot of OUR projects...he is so great and am so lucky to have a husband who knows his way around tools and home improvement stores...

Back in October I saw this at a boutique...
There was a sign saying that they could be ordered for only $799.99...yeah not up for that...So I began to search for antiqued doors...In February I found it...I don't have a before picture which makes me mad but here is the end product...

These hooks were original hardware that we kept on it...
mike made the attached table and replaced the panels with wainscot...
This was a one of the things I was looking for when trying to find the door...I wanted a skeleton key lock....

I painted the door blue to match the bed and windows, and the paneling and decorative woodwork yellow like the room...and then antiqued them...

It took awhile but i love it...

7 comments:

  1. Katie! I love it! I wish I could do something like that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it - you guys are a great team!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Holy Cow. That is gorgeous, definitely something I would buy, but not for 800 bucks! You guys are amazing! You could probably make a business out of it if you wanted.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that you saw it and made it! Looks great!

    ReplyDelete