Sunday, May 9, 2010

Early Birthday Present...

My Birthday is not until May 25th...so imagine my surprise when my Mike gave me tickets to go to the Laker game 3 tickets where they are playing the jazz up in Salt Lake....

For those of you who don't know I am a loyal Lakers fan...I am well aware being here in Utah I am outnumbered and usually those around me are disgusted because they are Jazz fans but I reassure them the feeling is mutual :-)...

Anyways yesterday I got all ready in my retro lakers jersey (back when Kobe was #8) and we were on our way...

We got out front...posed with the locals....
(notice the thumbs pointing down)
Got there early to get to our seats...
Ended up sitting next to some season ticket holders who did not care for the side we were cheering for or my purple and gold Kobe Bryant jersey...

so they taunted us...much to their surprise,neither mike nor i didn't just sit there and take it...they didn't really like it when we rowdily cheered on the Lakers when they were announced, when the ball went out on the jazz, when the foul was called in favor of the Lakers, when the Lakers rebounded, blocked, scored...

But the best part was when we WON! The sweet sound of victory was silence...o and we enjoyed it...


And Kobe was awesome with I believe 35 points...

Lakers tickets was an awesome present....the Lakers winning on the Jazz' home court after being taunted and subjected to scrutiny all night...priceless.

3 comments:

  1. OH! I love you guys! I wish I coulda been there to see the faces on those loyal Jazz fans!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would have rooted for the Lakers too. What a sweet victory!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy Katie...I had no idea you were a Lakers fan. I don't know if we can be friends anymore. ;) I guess I can overlook it, but that was one sad night for us. Dang Lakers! Mostly Dang Phil Jackson. He was the coach of the Bulls back when the Jazz used to go up against them, and now the Lakers! He can't let us beat him out even once. It's terrible. Glad you had a good early birthday present, but we better not ever watch a game together! ;)

    ReplyDelete