Saturday, August 22, 2009

BEACH BUMS...



The family usually goes to this beach house every year for a week. We went a couple of weeks ago and we were excited to get out of the house and spend some time there. Mike says it is one of his favorite vacations because he can just relax...I have to agree with him. I really like falling asleep to the waves crashing, it is really soothing.

Well at the beach house the trip is all about just hanging out and relaxing...lots of scrabble, swimming, running down the beach, laying out, card (see rest of post),and puzzles! The family has been doing the beach house trip I think for around 7 years annually now and we always do these ridiculously hard puzzles. This year my Dad picked up this puzzle called "wasgij". It is called a mystery puzzle, and it is a puzzle of people looking at what the puzzle should be of...I don't know if that makes any sense but basically there is no picture for you to go off of... It was 1000 pieces, so we thought we would take a bunch of still pictures so we could see how the puzzle came together.




Another thing that we always do is a game called SPOONS, it is a good time, it can get pretty gnarly...it is like musical chairs but with cards, and one less spoon then people, if you end up with no spoon when someone has 4 of a kind then you receive an "S" then "P" and so on...you loose when you spell out SPOON... good times...

Family pictures were taken but I can't post those, my mom would not be happy with me...

We did see dolphins and seals out in the water...I do not know why we get so excited when we have these sightings of them because we see them every year...I asked Mike to get in view of the picture so people could see how close they were...they were about 40 feet out or so...

Slightly different this year... the county fair was open, so the family went down...they had bungee jumping from a 130 feet tall crane... we joked around about how bungee jumping from a county fair probably is not the safest way to go about it, maybe a little shady, but after Mike and my Dad decided to do it...the picture was from Mike's cell phone.


He says that he's glad that it is not the greatest picture so that people can not see how damp his pants are...


1 comment:

  1. That looks like a way fun trip! The slide show of the puzzle was a good idea and I like how serious you guys look! The spoons game looked very exciting and I'm super glad you didn't get a close up of Mike's wet pants during the bungee jump (LOL)! I think if I tried something like that I'd do more than just wet....

    ReplyDelete